Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ten More Days!

With only 10 days until Christmas, what better for my first-ever post than a Christmas Q & A?!?!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? If I must, homemade egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa is a wrapper. In previous years, Santa even had his own wrapping paper. That seemed to go unnoticed, so Santa and I are sharing a roll this year.
3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? This year there are white lights on the tree. The multi-colored lights will be back next year though. As for the house, good luck getting Jon on a ladder!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, my husband doesn't need a reason to kiss me!
5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually on Thanksgiving morning, while we watch the Macy's parade. This year, on Thanksgiving Eve.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Does Mexican food at my aunt and uncle's count as holiday?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I can remember sleeping at my grandparents' house with my cousins. We would wake up Christmas morning to be biggest pile of presents I had ever seen! -- There was also the one Christmas I held my cat over some of my presents. Her claws accidently ripped the wrapping paper. Oops!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not sure. Mid-elementary years?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened one present on Christmas Eve when I was younger. Now Braden opens one.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have lots of purple ornaments, tons of ones Braden has made at school/church, garland, and no tree topper!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to go anywhere or shovel too much. I hate when it gets all dirty on the roads.
12. Can you ice skate? Sadly, I have never been ice skating. I am alright on roller blades, which makes me feel confident in my ability to stay upright should I ever try ice.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I love getting cards/letters from Jon on holidays! When I was younger, I got the She-Ra (sp?) castle one year.
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with my boys. I love to watch them open their gifts on Christmas morning. And later, as they to figure things out and play.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmm.... I do love a Christmas cookies or two.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree on Thanksgiving, baking for Braden's Christmas parties, wrapping anything I can get my hands on, singing carols in church......
17. What tops your tree? The ceiling! Even if I could find the perfect tree topper, I don't know if we could squeeze it up there. This house has such low ceilings.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving! I love shopping for people and watching as they open their gifts. I hate being watched as I open my gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Anything sung by Dean or Frank. Especially "Baby It's Cold Outside." This year, I am being haunted by the Hippo song. It gets stuck in my head for days at a time!!!!
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I hate peppermint candy canes. I used to love (and haven't seen in years) orange CRUSH candy canes!!!

No comments: