Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Beautiful Day

Today was gorgeous! Sunshine, warm, overall a great day! The YM had a "family day" out at Camp Clay this afternoon, so we loaded up all the kids and went to enjoy the outdoors. They had a rock wall, fishing, you could plant a flower to take home. They were supposed to have kite flying and professional kite fliers, but........ no wind! There was also supposed to be kickball (Braden's favorite thing ever!) but no one ever got that organized. It was great to be outside though. Braden and Jon climbed. (Pictures below) And the four-legged kids had a GRAND TIME!




They spent a little time having a drink at the pond. There were geese out in the water that Dallas really wanted to play with. But not bad enough to go in after them! Instead she rolled in their poop and had to have a bath at home.



Raider looked longingly at the deeper water. "Dad, please convince Mom to let me go swimming. Please! I'll behave." Umm, no! Though the boys all tried to change my mind, I was not going to deal with a wet dog. Also, there were a lot of kids around the water. I'd hate for Raider to have a Jaws moment and scare one of them. Maybe another day.



And to wrap up the day, dinner on the grill!

Jon grilled meat, potatoes, and corn on the cob. He got himself the biggest steak I have ever seen. I swear it was a whole cow! We even had salad. It was delicious and easy to clean up, because most of the food was grilled! My kind of meal!

No comments: