Sunday, April 8, 2007

My Poor Dallas

Last night, Jon was holding her while I clipped her nails. The first back nail I clipped (notice the boot) I clipped too short. I was paying more attention to Raider, worried that he was going to come over and make her pull away, that I wasn't watching what I was doing. I felt, and still feel, terrible! She yelped/barked and was bleeding a lot. Jon held her with her foot wrapped up for a while. Then we put her in her crate so she would not get blood anywhere. It stopped, but it keeps opening up again. (I just pulled my duvet out of the dryer after washing all the blood off of it.) So today, Jon thought of the boot! (He's a genius!) She hates her boots, so she has spent her Easter depressed, but at least its better than being locked in her crate.

I am such a terrible mother!

No comments: