Friday, May 4, 2007

Sale

My grandma and I went to the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale this morning. Wow! It was wild. For those of you that aren't familiar with Vera Bradley, you can check them out online at www.verabradley.com Every year they have a big 3-day sale at the Coliseum in Ft. Wayne. This was my first year, but I can't wait for next year. Why? They have so much stuff! Every style, every pattern! (almost, some colors obviously sell out faster than others) And to encourage people to not all come on the first day, they have special sales each day. When we were there, all microfiber items were 90% off. I bought a diaper bag for RyAnn that was regularly $98...... for $9! Actually, I totaled up Ry's purchases. Retail: $214 What I paid today: $41
There were lots of great buys. If only I had money!


Below are pictures of the crowds. These were taken near the entrance/exit. The center is row after row of tables. Then along the edges are people going through all of the stuff they grabbed, deciding what to keep and what to put back. I had a great time shopping for my family!



These are 4 eyeglasses cases I bought for my female in-laws. 3 of them are soft cases and one is a hard case. Retail: $17 each.... Today: $2 each


The lesson: Start saving and getting ideas! Next year's sale is April 30-May 3. I would love to shop for anyone. Or come on up and we'll go together!
**I won a prize today while I was there. They were playing the Driver's License game. My Texas license was beaten out by a woman from California and another from Germany, but I got a too cute dog collar and leash (retail: $15 and $17) for coming up. FREE! It's too small for Dallas, so RyAnn gets a bonus gift for Harley! Suprise!

No comments: