Friday, June 29, 2007

Relaxing Friday

I still have no pictures to share, but thought I'd post an update on our week.

VBS at First UMC is officially over! We wrapped up last night with a family night from 6-8 pm. Only to find out that we were tearing everything down afterwards! I was home before 10 pm though. :o)
I will be stepping down as a co-director at 1st UM. Next year, I will be directing Calvary's VBS. I'm really excited about this job. Calvary has two directors, where 1st UM has 5! I think I will be able to get things done much faster and more efficiently, with less people in charge.

Besides VBS this week....
did I mention that half of the church's AC was out all week? And that it was in the 80s-90s all week? And extremely humid?

I also went to stay with Becca twice this week. We had good visits. Her grandmother passed away Monday evening though. This was very hard for her. Please keep her in your prayers! She got her trachea removed on Monday and her speech is improving every time I see her! Thursday she laughed and smiled a lot, despite feeling sick to her stomach. (It may have been because she was thinking of her grandmother's viewing.) Also, I bought my laptop up and we were able to get online. She hadn't been on since April!

Today, Brady and I slept in until 8:45!!!! It was great! We had a relaxing morning. This involved cleaning his closet and bagging up clothes that no longer fit and some laundry. I went to see Dr. Taylor and Joyce this afternoon. My neck is still bothering me, but my lower back feels a lot better. (He strapped me down and stretched it out!) Brady and Jon went to open swim at the Y. And we wrapped up our evening with ice cream at Rocky Top. Brady's treat!!!!

A look ahead to next week:
Brady leaves for camp on Sunday. He will return home on Tuesday.
And then...... we're off to Texas! Taco Bueno, here I come.
Please pray for us as we travel. Pray that we have a safe trip. That we can stay awake that long! And pray for Raider who will be left behind at the vet's.

No comments: