Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Can't Sleep

Now that I have all of our "Trip to Texas" pictures loaded, I thought I'd post a random update of random things. (Mostly because I took a power nap before dinner and now can't get to sleep)

While we were in Texas, some of the funniest moments were:
1. Amanda, my oh-so-smart sister-in-law, and her realization that there are only 4 time zones in the U.S. All this time she's thought Texas, Ohio, and NY were all in different zones. (Texas is, the other 2 are in the same zone) You probably had to be there, but trust me!

2. Megan showing her mom the necklace she got as a bridesmaid gift. (Another one that was only funny to me and Amanda at the time)

3. Jon and Brady getting pedicures

4. Jon's forehead on Saturday. He's a bit freakish looking in the pictures, but still funny

That's all I can remember 2 weeks later. I knew I should have posted all of this back then!

And now for this past weekend:
Saturday Brady's baseball team lost their final regular season game. Badly. They finished the season in 2nd place. They start tournament this Tuesday evening. If they win that game, they will be in the championship game on Saturday (maybe). Tuesday Jon has church softball. They too are vying for position. They're tied for 1st and will be playing the team they are tied with. So he'll miss Brady's game. And on Saturday, he is in an all-day softball tourney! But he thinks the other 2 coaches are also going to be out of town. So........ we'll just have to wait and see. They can't play coachless.

Saturday afternoon, we took Brady shopping in FW and drove thru McD's on the way home.
My 8 yrs. old son:
-- needed to shop in ONLY the young men's sections
-- bought 30x30 khaki pants and 30" shorts
-- has a foot that will currently fit into a 7 1/2 shoe
-- is so excited about the shirt Dad found for him that says "you can't spell AWESOME without ME"
-- and ate the same thing for dinner as his dad: a dbl quarter pounder (no cheese though), fries, and a drink!!!!
This kid is going to be a GIANT

No comments: