Monday, August 27, 2007

PreSchool Road Trip

Here are the pictures of my room! While the 4-5 yrs. old teacher worked on her room everyday last week, I threw mine together in about 2 days. I think it came out very well. (Thank you to Sara, my favorite cousin, for coming to help on Friday!) After rearranging the entire room at least 3 times, I was finally ready to decorate. Our theme this year is "Road Trip." All three classrooms are decorated using this theme.

Let's begin the tour!

This is a shot of my room from the doorway. I have 2 small kidney-shaped tables, one in each half of the room. My logic: divide and conquer!! I believe this will be the best strategy when there are 16-18 three yr. olds and only 2 adults!


This is a shot to the left of the previous one. I have one bulletin board mounted and one free-standing. Hopefully the free-standing board will survive!


This is the mounted bulletin board. My grandfather, who saves everything, had all of these old license plates in his garage. This will be our "Road Crew" board. The road crew is our weekly helpers (line leader, caboose, lights, etc).
Instead of covering the cork board with paper, I bought some really cute car fabric and covered the board with that! It looks great in up close! (Actually, I covered every bulletin board with fabric!) I found the cars for $2 a yard at Wal-Mart and the black fabric was $1 a yard! And it lasts much longer than paper, if you get a neutral color.

In the back corner we have "Kids at Work!" Sara helped me to cover the walls with maps (lots of maps). She made the great road where each child has a car with their name on it!


And finally, my reading center. I used the play house, carpet squares, and the book shelf to create a little corner where 2-3 children can discover, I hope, a love of "reading."

If you are in the building/area stop by sometime and check out the preschool rooms. I think they look great and I'm really excited to get my students into a routine (which will take a few weeks thanks to the fair break!)

Keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

amanda said...

three things:
1) sorry to inform you, the free standing board will no longer exist in a couple weeks
2) 3 year olds reading?
3) when does school start? good luck!!

love ya!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I laughed when I read the comment '3 years old reading?'. But, you can always hope for the children to discover a love for looking at pictures and making up a story to go along with them. THAT is sooo much fun to watch! Good luck! I can't wait for the blog about the first day!