Sunday, December 16, 2007

Our Tree

I put up our tree Thanksgiving morning, but didn't finish decorating it until the afternoon AFTER Thanksgiving. Last year, Braden and I had gone shopping and purchased new lights, garland, and ornaments.
The week after my tree was up, I went to a Mary Kay party at Ali's house and loved her tree way more than mine. It was so much brighter! So........... the next day, I pulled everything off the tree! I moved up all of the lights and added another strand. I put up the garland (and left it on this time). I put up my old purple and silver ornaments too! Here are some of my favorite ornaments:

This is just a ball covered in purple feathers. Purple is my favorite color! This has been my favorite since I found it way back in college.

Jon's parents sent this one to us this year. Obviously, it is now Jon's fave!


Braden has tons of ornaments on the tree that he has made over the years. It was tough to decide on just one to take a picture of, but I finally decided. Someone made these for all of the kids in his class last year.


Penguins are big! Jon loves penguins so there at over half a dozen scattered throughout our tree. I think this guy is the cutest.


And here is the finished product!


***Please note that the tree has been moved since I took this picture. I couldn't see it from the living room couch. Friday night we had a party, so Thursday night I had Jon drag it across the room. It now is next to the stairs, and makes me smile from the couch where I spent most of this weekend, coughing! I would feel better it I could stop coughing. Then my head would stop hurting. And maybe my voice would come back!!
**Also, after Jon moved the tree, I had to again take the ornaments off the tree and rearrange! If I don't put up a tree next year, we'll all know why!

No comments: