Saturday, December 8, 2007

Whirly Twirly Week

This past week was a blur!
Monday and Tuesday were relatively normal/busy. Braden had hip hop on Monday and a million things on Tuesday. Then Tuesday night we got 3.4" of snow (said Jon).
Wednesday morning began with a snow delay soon to be followed by a cancellation. Soon this would be followed by a phone call from the Children's Director at 1st UM. Apparently we had a Seeds meeting scheduled for lunch that day. Due to the snow, we would still meet but for pizza. Braden and I went and he was forced to sit at a table with the 3 Exmen girls (4th gr, 1st gr, and preschool). It was simply painful for him most of the time. Then they hit it off! We went home. He rushed me to get his clothes changed. He ran across the street to have a snow war/fort building afternoon with the Exmen girls. I finished shoveling and then also went across the street to visit with Lesa. (I should have been at home baking/cleaning/doing laundry/you get the point.) We had a nice visit and Braden didn't come home until after 5pm! Thursday Lesa and I were having our Cookie Lee jewelry party, so I spent the rest of Wed evening baking and driving Braden to/from Awana, until I ran out of eggs. (Pix of the party below)
Thursday: snow delay! Preschool was crazy. Then I had to rush home, let Dallas out, rush to Brady's school and work their "Santa Shop" until school was out. Then we rushed to the grocery to get the eggs needed to finish the cookies. Rushed home to bake. Loaded up all of the food and headed to Lesa's. We had a great party, but I didn't walk home until almost 11pm!
Friday morning: snow delay! Preschool was crazy, and we were even missing 5 kids! Rush home and let Dallas out. Rush to Brady's school to work "Santa Shop" again. Rush to bank. Then home for a late lunch at my way messy house. Back to pick up Brady. Over to the Exmen's to collect table, food, etc from previous night. Brady comes along and stays until after dark. Lesa walks the weasel home where she then trips and almost crashes into my tree. We walk down the street to be nosey. (There was a house fire or something a block down.) Jon and I stay up late watching Oceans 13.
So today, despite the laundry and run up to my classroom, I had a fairly relaxing day.


The Cookie Lee Party........



Food was my area. We co-hosted. Lesa cleaned her house and opened it to our guests. I provided all of the goodies! Jon made queso. (There was NONE left!) I baked white chocolate chip cookies, peanut blossom cookies, caramel pecan chocolate chunk brownies, and a chocolate peanut butter cream pie!

We had a great time. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves despite the cold weather. And Lesa and I got several fabulous pieces of jewelry! I highly recommend co-hosting. You invite more people and only have to do half of the work.

Keep us in your prayers this coming week. Jon and I are having a couples party next Friday night! (And I need a babysitter.)

No comments: