Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Day, Another Rally

Such is the life of those in a swing state, I guess!
Sarah Palin was in Findlay, OH and Troy, OH, and Ft. Wayne. (All 1-2 hrs from here) And today, John McCain was in Defiance, OH. (Jon works there) So.......... Jon was able to get tickets! I had to babysit and was unable to attend. But Braden was able to skip school and go. Huge thank you to Angelo and Layce!
Jon got 4 tickets. He used one. Braden used one. I gave the other 2 to Layce and Angelo. I took their 2 youngest kiddos and gave them Braden. Since I had to babysit another kid, why not add two more!
By the time they all arrived, it doesn't sound like they could see much. Jon lifted Braden up so he could see McCain when he came out. Since it was outdoors, Jon also was able to point out the snipers watching the crowd from rooftops!! Braden thought that was pretty cool! He also got a cup of hot chocolate. And after the rally, he was treated to Pizza Hut by Angelo and Layce. Yum! And despite returning at 1:00, after much begging, he convinced me to let him stay home from school.
I'll post pictures of the trip once Layce sends them to me.
Remember to PRAY FOR THIS ELECTION!!! (I voted on Wednesday)
*** The above picture is the t-shirt I bought at the rally in Findlay. Love it! Wearing it almost daily.

1 comment:

Laci said...

Ok so...Palin or Jindal 2012? I'd like either one as president and the other as vice president...I think they would make a good team! :-)