Friday, December 5, 2008

Fingers Crossed

.......that nothing else goes wrong.
The dining room light won't turn on. And no, it's not the light bulb. So until Jon has time to investigate, I moved the floor lamp from the front room in to illuminate our meals.
Then I went to fluff the clothes in the dryer only to discover that the dryer won't turn on. And the load that had been drying was still damp. Jon's going to investigate this on Saturday. Hopefully there is just a simple clog in the vent or something. I can dry the clothes at my grandparents. But I really don't want to have to pay a repairman. And honestly, I don't want to be hauling wet clothes around in the FREEZING COLD.
(Last year around this time we were calling the plumber about a huge clump of roots clogging the pipe and preventing us from using the toilet.)
And then I find that Dallas decided to try out the tree skirt as a hiding place for her bone. She opted for the bean bag instead, but not before completely yanking the tree skirt out from under the tree. I think she did this on purpose, knowing I put the skirt on the first to save myself the trouble of crawling underneath all of the branches!

No comments: