Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Super Bowl Guest

For the Super Bowl, Jon went to watch the game with "the guys" at Sam's house and Braden and I went to a big party at our church. Braden and I headed home in the 4th quarter. As I was putting things away in the kitchen and letting Dallas out, something caught my eye.

*GASP*
Is that? Yes it is!
(hands on my face) "Oh my gosh! There is a bat in the kitchen!"
Braden didn't believe me right away.
I called Jon who said, "I'll be home soon. The game's almost over."
Seriously?
So I left the lights on, hoping that would keep it stationary while I worked out a plan to get it out of the house. I took a picture, but there was NO WAY I was turning on the flash! So the pic is a little blurry, but still a bat. Jon finally came home. Checked it out. Went to the front porch and grabbed his racquetball racket. Seriously? It hasn't moved. Why not try and grab instead? So I ran upstairs and got an old comforter while Jon got "suited up." My plan was for Braden and I to hold the comforter up against the door frame in the dining room. That way, if he missed and it started flying, it wouldn't get into the rest of the house. Blah! Jon put his hand in a plastic bag and then into another bag. Braden and I got into position. He reached up and grabbed it. He said he never felt it move. And then he took it outside. MY HERO!
If it comes back, he is definately beating it to death!
AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JON TODAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Laci said...

umm ok, remind me to never live near you! a bat in the house!? i can't wait to tell this story to someone!