Monday, February 26, 2007

Still Faithful?

As I was driving to class today, a thought popped into my head.
Is my husband cheating on me?
Those of you that know Jon are I'm sure thinking that this is absurd. But let's review that facts:

1. Jon brought flowers for me while he was at the store Friday night (purple too!)

2. Jon finally took apart the vacuum cleaner that broke over a week ago. He had previously told me that he couldn't fix it and I needed to find a repair shop. Without being asked, he had it working better than ever in 10 minutes!

3. Jon cuddled up and took a nap with me on Sunday afternoon.

4. Jon said the sweetest things to me yesterday!

5. Jon rubbed the knots on my temples last night for more than 5 minutes. (I always ask him to rub my neck or head or shoulders. He NEVER does!)

6. Jon has been hugging me more over the past few days. (Hugs are my favorite thing. They used to be his as well.) One of the things that caught my attention years ago was the fact that this huge football player was such a gentle, loving person. Lately he's replaced hugs with PlayStation, books/magazines, & TV.

I believe that is all the evidence I have.
Don't you find it strange that ALL of these things are occurring within days of each other? Could it be the actions of a guilty conscience?....... If it was anyone else, maybe.
But come on, this is Jon! Being unfaithful would be WAY TOO MUCH WORK for him. But I did confront him with the evidence today, and I asked him just what was going on. His response:
"No, I'm not having an affair! I just realized that I haven't been showing you just how I feel."
..... or something to that affect.
How sweet is he!?!?!? Now I'm even more suspicious! (Just kidding) I am just thankful God chose me. He's definitely one in a million!

No comments: