Saturday, March 10, 2007

Great Day

Today was absolutely beautiful! For the first time this year, I opened up the windows and the front porch and turned off the heat! The sun was shining all day!

I cleaned most of the downstairs. Braden went down the street to a friend's house. Jon worked on some pre-trip prep for work. (He leaves this coming Wednesday for 5 days. I know he will have a great time, but we'll miss him here at home.)

Anyway, after I cleaned inside the house, I moved to the front porch. Braden and Jon have all of their outside stuff there and it's a bit of the mess. I moved stuff around and went through the toys. I threw out all the broken toys and made a pile for Jon to go through. He's had a container out there forever. It was in the outside closet at the apartment too. It's filled with college stuff that he has never bothered going through.

Today was the day! It was great! What was in the container? Well, most of it was junk that he threw out. But he also found a card from Andi. (Amanda, she has your handwriting!) I read it aloud while he continued to sort. Sparing the details, we had a good laugh.
Also in the container was a book entitled Where's Mom Now That I Need Her? Jon thought it was a book his mom had bought for him when he went off to college. Obviously, he never opened it. Today he did and discovered post-it notes on several of the pages: 7 in all. After looking at the notes more carefully, he realized the book wasn't from his mom but Andi's!!!
I was going to scan in the actual post-its, but I'll just share a few of them instead:

On how to treat cold sores: "Watch who you kiss and this may never be a problem"

On how to make whipped cream: "But canned whipped cream is more fun"

I'm not sure where this was but: "Borax powder helps eliminate roaches (so does quick feet with shoes)" Like she knows!

And on how to avoid food poisoning: "Don't eat!"

Very weird. We had a good laugh about some of it. And to round out the ex-afternoon, mine stopped by before dinner. He was dropping off a DVD for our Sunday School class, but I just now realized the irony.

We wrapped up our day with dog walking. The weather was great! The boys had on shorts and I was quite comfortable in my hoodie and track pants. Hope we've seen the end of winter. Oh, and I also got my first subbing paycheck in the mail!

No comments: