Thursday, August 16, 2007

That's Mrs. Van Cleave to you!

So, I had my first teachers' meeting yesterday. I saw my room & already feel the urge to rearrange. (I'll do that next week after Bray starts school!) It was a bit too cluttered for me. We went over lots of things and I brought home my curriculum. Also, I was given my class lists. WOW! While I would prefer smaller classes, I have LARGE classes and a full-time aide. Personally, give me classes of 12 and no aide, rather than two classes of 16-18 kids.
Three year olds!!
So I'm feeling more and more overwhelmed. And I'm not overly thrilled with the curriculum. So if anyone has some web sites, please send them to me. I'm looking for ideas online this week/weekend to supplement. PLEASE!

1 comment:

Amy Covey said...

Here are some sites to get you started:

www.hubbardscupboard.org
www.pre-kpages.com
www.prekinders.com
www.littlegiraffes.com
www.teachers.net
www.proteacher.net
(there is a Pre-K board under "main boards" - but the whole site is really great)
www.jmeacham.com
(she was a K teacher and is going to be teaching 1st grade this year, but her site is AWESOME! Regardless of what you teach, you'll get some great ideas from her site)

Hope that helps! Good luck!