Sunday, June 29, 2008

And the Award Goes to.....

Jon and I for "Worst Parents of the Year!"

Now that a day and a half has past, I can finally blog about it. Last Tuesday, we got an e-mail that instead of picking a tournament team like they've done in previous years, this year they would hold try-outs for all interested baseball players. Little League would be Saturday morning and Junior League would be Friday evening. I read it, relayed the info to Jon, he read it, and he and Braden spent Friday evening out in the yard practicing. Friday night I get on the computer to double check that try-outs are still on for Saturday a.m. because it was supposed to storm that night. I log onto the baseball web site only to find out............
Braden's try-outs were FRIDAY EVENING!!!!!
Granted, all this confusion could have been avoided if they had just listed the ages next to the leagues in the e-mail. If you can do it on the web site, why not in the e-mail? I felt awful!!! Jon called one of the other coaches and e-mailed the league president right away. (There had been a note in the e-mail for those unable to make the try-outs but wishing to be considered for the tourney team.) I still felt awful! Jon did too! I was so nauseous that I was awake until after midnight! Jon had worked almost 60 hrs last week, so he fell asleep pretty fast :)
Braden took our incompetence pretty well. And it turns out that the tourney team coach is the dad of 2 kids on his regular season team. So hopefully things will work out. Keep him in your prayers and we'll keep you posted.


*** And for those who don't know: I will not be teaching preschool in the fall! Kristy and I both resigned our positions. Some people are just too difficult to work for, especially when you make as little as we did! Please pray that I find something new! ***

No comments: