Thursday, December 11, 2008

Answers to "Name that Carole"

Here are you answers, should anyone be desperate to find out how they did, followed by a few random thoughts. Enjoy :)

1. White Christmas
2. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
3. O Holy Night
4. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
5. O Come All Ye Faithful!
6. Away in a Manger
7. Deck the Halls
8. Little Drummer Boy
9. We Three Kings
10. Silent Night
11. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
12. Go Tell It on the Mountain
13. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
14. What Child Is This?
15. Joy to the World
16. Hark the Herald Angels Sing

So how did you do? The twins and I got 10-11 of them which we thought was pretty good. But then we saw how good some of the other groups did. (Jon did as well as me, so that made me feel better!)
----------------------------------------------------------------

I still have no dryer. My husband doesn't think its something he needs to rush to investigate because he never does the laundry. The good news is that the snow melted. It's easier to haul around laundry when the driveway isn't covered in snow/ice.
----------------------------------------------------------------

And on a related note (regarding being patient), I read this on Tuesday and thought I'd pass it on. Both comments were made by Rev. Billy Graham.

"No matter where we are, God is as close as a prayer."
"We don't often consider that sometimes Jesus is our strength simply to sit still." (this comes from Ps. 46:10)

I am far from a patient person. Especially regarding the last of a shipment for Braden for Christmas. According to the tracking, it was shipped on Dec. 1st. It shipped 3 day select via UPS and was supposed to be here by Dec. 9th at the latest. TODAY IS DEC. 11th!!! What the heck? I have gotten 3 other packages delivered by UPS since then. Two of them shipped after the missing one.
------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, Braden dropped his cereal bowl on the way to the kitchen sink this morning. He still had milk left in the bowl and it went EVERYWHERE! I didn't get upset. We used a towel to mop it up. And then I clean the floor after taking him to school.
Not my idea of a great start to the day. But I was very proud of myself for not reacting negatively.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your Thursday!

No comments: