Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Snowing!

It's snowing outside and super cold today. I am so greatful for a roof over my head and a nice warm heater.
Feeling a little guilty that Braden has to walk home from school though, but it's only a few blocks. And he's bundle up today. And he's a big boy :)

On a related note, I thought I'd share what an amazing and honest "young man" he's growing into. A week or so ago, we were at the store and he picked out what we thought was a bottle of Fruit 2 O. Turns out it was a caffeinated version. But I didn't notice and Braden didn't notice until after I had paid for it. (Braden isn't allowed to have caffeine and he knows that is an issue that is not up for discussion. Jon and I rarely drink cokes and neither of us drink coffee.) Anyway, I told him Daddy could have it and never thought about it again.
Last week, I was gone one night and Jon was fixing Braden dinner. He pulled out the drink I had forgotten about and set it at the table.
And Braden told him that he was not allowed to drink it because it had caffeine! We were both so proud of him. He could have easily kept his mouth shut and no one would have been the wiser. But he stepped up and did the right thing!

Way to go Bray!

1 comment:

Laci said...

Wow! You and Jon sure taught Braden well. :-)
On a related note, no coffee?!