Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Randomness

I have no pictures to post, but thought I'd say hello! I've had lots of random thoughts that I've thought about blogging, but now that I'm in front of the computer, my thoughts have left me. (Happens all the time!)

It's almost Christmas which seems crazy to me! Maybe because we didn't do much shopping this year. As Braden gets older, the things he wants are costing more. So he isn't getting a ton this year, and what he is getting, I bought online. (The last boxes should be arriving this week. 1 is arriving today - that's from my dad.) Also, we decided to gift money to my fave charity this year instead of buying for family or for each other.
And I haven't bought stocking stuffers yet! Maybe after that it'll really feel like Christmas.

Braden had his last preseason regular season game on Saturday. They lost. I'm just happy that after the tourney this Saturday we'll have a few weeks off. I'm not a fan of getting up early on Saturdays to head to the Y.
He is fun to watch though -- sometimes! Every game, when they are in the huddle, Braden yawns. And not a little yawn. He has a HUGE yawn like he's ready to go home and go back to bed. And last Saturday, there was a time when he was guarding someone and temporarily had this crazed look in his eyes. (Little scary!)

I baked 30 large and 25 small Christmas tree cookies yesterday. Braden has to bring cookies to their party on Friday. I stuck them all in the freezer so that all I have to do on Thursday is frost them. (I don't plan ahead as much these days, so I'm pretty excited about this!) The small cookies I'll take to my girls at church on Wed night. And some of the large cookies are for Jon's boys on Wed night too.

BTW, Christmas parties were one of my random bloggings. Braden's class wasn't going to have a class party! One of his classmates is a Jehovah's Witness. Instead of a "party" his teacher told me they would just have to have a movie day or something. I know it's a public school, but still..........it's Christmas and I was pretty upset. This is his last year in elementary school. It might be his last class Christmas party.
But a letter came home last week that there would be a Christmas party. Maybe the boy's parents, knowing that the day before Christmas break is a party/fun day, decided to keep him home. Whatever the reason, I'm glad the kids will get to party. And I'm glad we get to bake and decorate cookies for the occasion :)

Also, our dryer is up and running again! (It was just a blown breaker.) And our dining room light works again! (It was just a broken light switch.) MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

No comments: