Sunday, January 24, 2010

Furniture

So we found some new furniture on Saturday..... after 2 hrs in the furniture store!

We found a sectional we loved pretty fast, but it wouldn't fit in our living room the way it was and there was no way to change the way it connected.
So we kept looking. And sitting. And looking. And sitting.
I found a couch I kinda liked. But the boys didn't like it. The boys found one that they really liked. But I didn't like the look of it.
So we kept looking. And sitting. And looking. And sitting.
And being followed by the salesman....

We found a couch and chair we both liked, but we weren't 100% sold on them.
So we kept looking. And sitting. And looking. And sitting.
And then Jon had to go to the bathroom. (Told you were we there a long time!)
While he went to find it, I walked to the front corner. I hadn't been over there before because it looking like it was all recliners or recliner sofas.... and I didn't want one of those. I wanted a nice sofa or small sectional and a chair with an ottoman.

I sat down and was in LOVE! I called Braden over and he loved it too! Then I saw Jon looking for us, flagged him down, had him sit down, and he was in love!!

Then we had the salesman get a cart and bring a chair I really liked over to the sofa to see if they worked together. And they did!!

BUT..... to get interest free, you had to spend about $200 more. Grrr! So while Jon went to do paperwork, he sent me in search of new end tables. Which I found and really liked! But didn't want to spend that much on something I didn't really need.
SO...... Braden and I ended up in the bedroom furniture part of the store. We found a complete set for his room that we loved! It was on clearance! And was awesome! But, it was still pretty expensive. So we settled on another bed/dresser/mirror for his room that was less than half the price of the other set (but that set had 2 nightstands and a second dresser).

Jon is in Ft. Wayne now picking up the bedroom furniture with his van. The couch will arrive in 3-4 weeks. You'll all love it! And that gives me 3-4 weeks to decide on and paint the living room! Anyone interested in our old furniture?

No comments: