Friday, January 22, 2010

Updates

(Wow! I haven't blogged in almost a month! Sorry!)

We're not done yet, as you'll be able to see in the pictures.... and by "we" I mean "me." But quite a bit has been accomplished since Christmas.

First, I painted the kitchen and bought new window valences. Jon picked the paint color which is why it is so bright! (It's called Fisherman's Cove)
On day 2 of painting, I got some cheap labor. Christina came over to help.... and she got the fun side: above and below the cabinets! She didn't fall off and my back was thankful it didn't have to stoop and bend like she did.

I also found some fabric I loved and used it to wrap my old clock. ($3.44/yd is way cheaper than buying a new clock!) I am also hoping to have someone (like Christina's mom) use the same fabric for the window on the backdoor. Oh, and I still have to paint the clock hands white!.... and the laundry room door and some trim.


But while awaiting the motivation to paint doors, trim, and clock hands, I moved on to the dining room. This wall color is called Golden Crust. Sounds delicious and I love it!
I then moved all my crosses into the room which makes me happy -- their being all together finally --
All that is left, besides refreshing trim, is for Jon to move the light so it is centered over the table. Hopefully he will get that done this weekend.


And here is a look from the kitchen. My wonderful new computer desk is in the corner now. --Oh, and I'm trying to get Jon to run the high speed cable through the wall instead of around the wall. So, I guess he has 2 items on his list. -- And Dallas' crate is tucked back in the other corner.


Next up: the living room..... Right now it looks very sad with its white, empty walls. Moving the crosses left a lot of open space. I'm going to look for paint on Saturday. It will be lighter than the dining room, but still warm. Oh, and we are going to look at furniture for the living room. There are two stores offering interest free for 4 yrs right now!! Which is plenty of time to pay it off! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

amanda said...

yes, i definitely win blogger of the month award...

your house looks good